A 16%-protein high-calcium ration formulated for top-producing laying hens once they reach 18 weeks of age.
This SunFresh® Recipe diet takes “natural” to a whole new level by using only the freshest, highest quality sun-grown grains and plant proteins to give birds the wholesome, healthy goodness and fresh taste they deserve. Made from natural plant-based ingredients FREE of all animal proteins and fats, Purina Mills® Layena® SunFresh® Recipe contains all the quality nutrients laying hens need to produce lots of strong-shelled, healthy, golden-yolked eggs.
|SunFresh® Recipe||Natural Plant Proteins — FREE of all animal proteins and fats for healthy, happy birds.|
|Superior Nutrition||Great Appearance and Healthy Eggs — Consistent superior nutrition for great-looking birds with wholesome eggs.|
|Essential Amino Acids||Strong Healthy Birds with Lots of Eggs — Enhanced with lysine and methionine to give birds the healthy nutrients they need to produce plenty of tasty eggs.|
|Exclusive Level of Marigold Extract||For Rich Yellow Yolks — A high level of xanthophyll, a natural coloring agent derived from marigolds, produces deep yellow egg yolks.|
|Key Levels of Calcium and Manganese||Strong Shells with Fewer Cracks — Top levels of calcium and manganese strengthen shells to increase the number of eggs that reach the kitchen.|
|Proprietary Level of Vitamin A||Strong Reproduction and Overall Health — A high level of Vitamin A helps birds grow into healthy breeders.|
|Key Level of Vitamin E||Supports a Healthy Immune System — A high level of Vitamin E helps birds maintain a robust immune system.|
|Certified Natural||Your Assurance of Quality – It’s Nutrition You Can Trust — Our guarantee that this is the very best feed providing safe, natural nutrition for poultry.|
How and When to Feed:
- Feed Purina® Layena® SunFresh® Recipe free-choice as the sole ration to free-range and confined laying chickens (including backyard egg producers, small to medium breeds and fancy and exotic breeds) after 18 weeks of age and throughout the laying cycle.
- Purina® Layena® SunFresh® Recipe is best fed one month before hens begin to lay, but not any earlier than 18 weeks of age.
- Purina® Layena SunFresh® Recipe can be fed to both adult male and female chickens, ducks, geese and turkeys of laying age.
- Always provide shelter and a constant supply of fresh, clean water.
- Consumption will vary depending upon season of the year, nutritional needs of the animals and availability of other foods.
A feeding program is only as effective as the management practices. Actual results can vary depending upon feed intake, environmental conditions and the quality of management practices.
Store in a dry, well-ventilated area free from rodents and insects. Never use moldy or insect-infested feed.
Animal Protein- and Fat-Free. Contact your local manufacturing plant for a current feed tag.